The Prime and Choice Advantage plans offer comprehensive coverage for your health care expenses and, as with the Basic PPO plan, you and 3M share in the cost. What’s different: Your monthly premium is lower, but your annual deductible is higher. And you’ll have a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) to help you pay for qualified medical expenses. Learn more about how it works.
- Low monthly premiums (PDF)
- Preventive medical care covered at 100 percent in network
- Medical services, prescription drugs and other services (including vision) covered at 90 percent in-network after the annual deductible has been met (no referrals needed)
- Certain preventive drugs (PDF) covered at 90 percent before the annual deductible has been met
- Open access to Blue Cross’ broad national provider network (your benefits are higher in-network)
- Online tools help you manage your plan and health
- Health programs and discounts help you stay healthy and save
Annual deductibles, maximums and the HSA contribution
Each year 3M contributes to your HSA up to $600 for individual coverage or $1,200 for family coverage. The 3M contribution can be used to pay for qualified medical expenses incurred during the plan year or saved for the future. The 3M Advantage plans have a combined medical and prescription drug annual deductible and out-of-pocket maximum, so you don’t need to meet separate limits for each type of expense. The annual deductible involves an initial investment in the cost of your care and the annual out-of-pocket maximum protects your family from catastrophic expenses.
Note: Family deductibles work differently for each plan
- With the Choice Advantage plan’s family coverage, if one member meets the individual annual deductible amount ($2,600) on his/her own, the plan will begin covering that individual’s care at 90 percent of the allowed amount for in-network services. The remaining family members must then collectively meet the family deductible before everyone’s care is covered at 90 percent. (This is called an “embedded” annual deductible.)
- With the Prime Advantage plan’s family coverage, either one person or several family members together must meet the family annual deductible amount before any member’s care is covered at 90 percent of the allowed amount for in-network services. (This is a “non-embedded” annual deductible.)